A commitment to the environment was part of Diager’s DNA long before anyone else.
For us it is not something to brag about, but rather a professional and human principle: located in a region where nature is a way of life, our business has made the preservation of the environment one of its genes. DIAGER was ISO 14001 certified by the international certification organisation AFAQ, as soon as 2001. It was the first business in its sector of activity to be certified!
The policy, which was ahead of its time fifteen years ago, is now included in all our concerns and in all areas of our activity. In Research and Development it is the materialisation of our will.
- These requirements are embodied by material actions:
To reduce its CO2 emissions, Diager recovers the heat from its production machinery to heat its shop floors and uses a wood pellet boiler to heat its offices.
- The company works with local partners to restrict the transportation of its products. Thanks to the optimisation of its single-parcel domestic transport, Diager has “saved” 1600 tonnes of equivalent CO2 since September 2011, this represents 35% of the company’s overall emissions. We have also acquired several electric vehicles.
- Waste is sorted and separated for recycling.
- Atmospheric emissions are filtered to protect the environment and guarantee better air quality for neighbouring populations.
- To save natural resources, the company is working on reducing its consumption. Diager has reduced its water consumption by 40% in the last ten years by improving its industrial process.
To reach and maintain this level of quality, Diager takes special care to develop an ecological image with its clients and with building professionals, but also with local residents, its partners and the public authorities.
The company staff has fully embraced this “philosophy” and these ecological practices, from the initial concept right up to product deliveries.
Inspection procedures are permanently applied to guarantee the defined quality charter is respected.